Marjorie M. LewisShareholder / Management Committee Member
General Civil & Trial Practice; Employment Law; Construction Law; Mechanic’s Liens; Real Estate; Contracts; Business Law; Homeowners Associations; Land Use; Variances; Employment Litigation; Construction Litigation; Real Estate Litigation; Business and Commercial Litigation; Probate, Trust & Estate Litigation
Marjorie Lewis graduated from the University of Missouri-Columbia School of Law in 1994 where she was a member of the Law Review. She is a member of the Construction, Real Estate and Employment Law Sections of the Missouri Bar and is a member of the Boone County Bar Association (President 2016-2017). Marjorie provides representation in construction, real estate, employment, business, land use and other matters and acts as general counsel for various businesses. She has successfully represented clients in federal and state court litigation matters, including acting as lead counsel during trial and in subsequent appeals. She further represents clients in front of the City Council, Board of Adjustment and Planning and Zoning Commission. She is a licensed real estate broker and has been a speaker on employment and real estate issues.
- Born: Columbia, Missouri
- College: University of Washington, B.A., 1990
- Law School: University of Missouri-Columbia, J.D., 1994; Phi Delta Phi; Member, University of Missouri Law Review, 1993-1994
- Admitted: 1994, Missouri; U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri; U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
- Member: Boone County Bar Association; The Missouri Bar (Employment, Real Estate and Construction Law Sections)
- Biography: Co-Author, Chapter 24, “Actions for Fraud under Missouri Probate Code,” II Mo. Estate Administration (Mo Bar 4th Ed. 1999); “Stepping Up & Stepping Out, the New Lawyer Experience: Employment Law in Practice (Mo.Bar 2009).
- Reported Cases: Kiesling v. Andrews, 273 S.W.3d 67 (Mo. App. W.D. 2008); Grau Contracting, Inc. v. Captiva Lake Investments, LLC, 429 S.W.3d 472 (Mo. App. S.D. 2014)
- Notable Matter: Subcontractor (client) v. General Contractor and Surety on public works project asserting claims for breach of contract, action on account, and vexatious refusal. 2013 Judgment against General Contractor in the amount of $324,557.52 for the full amount due for work performed plus prompt pay act interest and attorneys’ fees, and against the Surety for $289,167.88 including principal amount due plus penalties and attorneys fees for vexatious refusal.